I was 12 when Tyler was born. We bonded the very first moment I saw him. A funny thing happens when you are an older sibling. The younger ones feel more like your own. It is so hard for me to see you in this state. I tried to no avail to sing "I am a child of God" to you today, I got the first sentence out and cried. Started again and didn't make it much farther. Ended up just saying the words on the chorus. I sang to you every morning at Jordan Valley when it was just you and I. Special moments only shared by us. I wish sometimes that you had married Tehra and you had babies so we could have a piece of you. But I realized that a piece of you lives in my own son. He looks like you, acts like you, and is even as bold and stubborn as you. So I guess I do have a piece of you. I thought that once we had come to grips with the decision to let you go, it would somehow make it easier, but I was wrong. Doesn't matter how much you prepare, it is still hard. I love you more than life itself. You will always be my baby too. My bodie. My baby brother who at some point that I don't remember, got to be so big. May you move on and continue to grow and accept the gospel on the other side. It is okay to go. We will heal. And you will be free. Free from all the demons of this life. They can't reach you now. You are now invincible. May your strength live in all of us. I love you buddy. You are the light in my life. My star.
A new favorite quote.
"Because someone we love is in heaven, a piece of heaven dwells in our home."
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



tears.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this too Holly. I think it is getting harder and harder on all of us when it's nearing the end. I love you!
ReplyDeleteHolly, Lisa, Jamie and all. I am really at a loss for words right now. I so feel for your family and the words just aren't flowing. I met Tyler over 10 years ago and watched him grow up to be a young man. It just breaks my heart that you and your families have to go through this. Holly said it the best that he will be free from his body to live a more peaceful life on the other side. It is our selfishness sometimes that want them to stay but understand that he was hurting. Remember you will all meet again one day. My thoughts and prayers still continue to be with all of you! If you need anything, please give me a call. Love you all! -K
ReplyDeleteHolly, Shawn, and family, this is Krista cottle. words cannot say how sorry I am for all of you! I am so sorry your going through this, I love tyler he was always a little brother in my eyes! My heart aches for all of you! I know he will return back home to heavenly father and be at peace! I look forward to the day he can run into your arms again! your in my thoughts and prayers, I love you all!!
ReplyDelete