A new favorite quote.

"Because someone we love is in heaven, a piece of heaven dwells in our home."

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Update on Tyler by Lisa

Hello!! Well, Jamie and I went to visit Tyler today. Shawn came up with Adalie a little bit after we did. It was his Birthday today and so he had a day off and decided to go see Tyler.

Well, anyways, when we got there Tyler was doing physical therapy. He did really well and he walked really well from the therapy room to his room. He is doing a lot better at walking straiter too, and that was with his eyes closed. I am sure he would have done a lot better if his eyes were open. Now, I bet you are all wondering why he had his eyes closed aren't ya? Well, Tyler was pretty much back at where he was last week, where he couldn't open his eyes and he couldn't swallow. These things are happening because he has a hard time taking medicine and because he skips a couple doses, then it takes him back to where we were at when this whole swallowing and eyes crossing thing all started. So, hopefully they will figure something out.

I don't know why Tyler isn't taking his medicine. It's so weird. I don't know if it is because he knows what the side affects are or if it tastes really bad, bad enough that he doesn't want to swallow it or maybe he just really does have a hard time taking medicine, I don't know. It's probably not any of those reasons. But, we try to tell him over and over again that he NEEDS to take his medicine.

So, that was our day today. It was still an okay day. It wasn't as bad as it sounded. I just like to see the happy Tyler that can swallow and see. He did laugh a couple of times.

Anyways, Tyler just loves little kids. I know I have already said that a million times, but he just loves having his nieces come over to visit him. We tried to get some pictures of Adalie with Tyler but she didn't really want to have anything to do with getting her picture taken today. I was able to get a few.



walking side by side with Tyler

Audrey was going to give Adalie a hug. Adalie wasn't sure what to think! :)

High five "Down low, she's not too slow." :)

Tyler was really trying hard to open his eyes for the picture but he couldn't.

Audrey loves her Uncle Tyler.

Jamie was reading Tyler some of the entries in his memory book.This is the closest shot I was able to get of Adalie with Tyler.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, thanks for the update on Tyler. Hopefully, Tyler will swallow better and be able to swallow his meds easier. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Okay so do the nurses not make him take his medicine or is it up to him whether or not he takes it? That makes me sad about his eyes and swallowing! I swear it JUST got better! Those are some really cute pictures even though his eyes are closed! I'm so glad to hear he is walking okay too. Ah I hope he starts getting better again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't checked in for a while and I'm way behind!It's amazing how much motor function he's getting back. I hope that the medication thing will be able to be figured out.

    ReplyDelete