A new favorite quote.

"Because someone we love is in heaven, a piece of heaven dwells in our home."

Monday, April 27, 2009

I love you Bodie, and will miss you. Update by Jamie


I don't even know how to start this post, a lot of times it is not so difficult to express my words written down but this time is so much harder and I don't even know where to begin. Especially after reading the thoughts of my sisters, I just cry and wonder what to say. Tyler is such a special person and I can't say how much that I love him and adore him. He has such a huge heart and so much love and respect for everyone around him. Even if he didn't like someone he showed respect towards them. His manners were so great, especially when he was in the care center, he showed so much gratitude to others and realized the efforts of others on his behalf. We have all been so blessed to have Tyler with us for almost 3 months longer than we expected, and we have all gained a stronger love towards him. Heavenly Father has blessed and comforted Tyler and is ready to take him home. I know without a shadow of a doubt that we will all see Tyler again someday. How lucky for him to be away from the evils of the world and go to a better and more peaceful place, a place where there are no temptations to do evil. A place where so many family members are and will welcome him with open arms. We know that Tyler will be well taken care of and will be guided into heaven by grandma and grandpa who just passed away last year. I know Tyler will be there to guide us through when it is our time to pass on as well. He is the leader of the pack now and will greet us and guide us there. I am so grateful that Tyler had this time to repent of his sins and grow closer to the Lord and have a greater faith in Him. As someone once said not too long ago, our trial is not so much what we are going through physically but the trial is knowing how to grow a greater faith in the Lord and understand that He knows our needs. I know Tyler has done this and it is time for him to do good on the other side. He will be a great teacher and leader to others there.

I love you Tyler, I will miss you like crazy. I will miss going up a 2-3 times a week to see you and help you and make sure you were being taken care of. You will NEVER be forgotten. You will still be our baby brother though physically you will not be here. I KNOW we will see you again, and will still be our baby brother. Having the title of the "Baby" will never be taken away from you. That is a special role you played here on this earth and will continue to stay with you. Your spirit is so strong and I have no doubt that you will do so much good on the other side.
As Lisa said, "God be with you till we meet again...."

tears. I love you. tears. I love you. tears, tears, tears.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this...I went home last night and just cried a river, literally. I had to wake Brandon up to have somebody to cry to because it is just so hard. You and Holly have shared some great insights. I had to keep mine short because I couldn't get through it. I was crying too much. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this Jamie. I had no idea your brother was not doing well again. I am so impressed by you and your family having such a positive perspective on this tragedy. As always, I am so thankful for the gospel and the Plan of Salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To an amazing Family....and to a great young man....Tyler...you're just a stud young man...always were...and I know you have been through so much here on earth....and you are so loved...may you find peace and love on the journey that you will be taking....please tell Tyler that I love him....and that he is my hero....

    Scott Holm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler you are a hero in my eyes! -chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie - I am so so sorry. I can hardly read through all the tears. I want you to know how loved you are. Thank you for sharing Tyler's story with all of us, like you have. We are all blessed by getting to know about him and the miracles along the way. Thinking of you and praying for you....

    Marci Leishman

    ReplyDelete
  6. tyler brent....bodie....ty-g... i love you so much tyler..you are a strong fighter that does not give up and are extremely stubborn just like me and you faught to the death ty... you are safe to go to your heavenly father bro.. you will be deeply missed and in our hearts and never will be forgotten.. i have been crying non stop for days its really hard loosing a little brother. my best friend. i dont know how i will get through life without you with me bro.. i have been struggling so much and not sure if i will ever heal from this pain. i break down constantly its hard to know that we released you especially with all the progress you have made you did so good. but i guess its your time to join our loving heavenly father. i love you tyler so much its time to go home now may you rest in peace and at ease. and go your way into a better place with no problems and be very healthy again.. i will be speaking at your funeral but dont know how to express the feelings i have for you inside. i am hurting so bad it kills me. may your stubborness be my gain that i have the same stubborness as you and will increase with you gone.. i know you will watch over me and tell me that you are ok bro :( i love you so much tyler love shawn...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for what is going on...but Tyler will be at ease with our Heavenly Father. You will be able to see him and hold him again. You are such a strong family. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. Tyler, or Bodie as I knew him, was a sweetheart and a friend. We love you guys! Tyler truly is in a better place!
    Shawna Harmon (Sanderson)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot addequately describe how I am feeling at this moment. I am so glad Tyler is almost done suffering. I am so sad Mike and Luanne are losing their baby. I am so heart warmed by the wonderful family times we have had throughout this time. I am heartsick that this was the cause. Corey, Holly, Jaimie, Shawn, Mike, and Lisa. my heart aches for you all as well. Your pain is my pain and I will do anything I can to help you heal. I love you all so much! Take comfort that Tyler is almost in the arms of all the family that has gone on before. What a wonderful peace he will soon have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tyler -
    I am glad for the friendship we had together growing up and the good times we shared. I think I would've gone crazy without you in Sunday School each week! We are so blessed to know of our Heavenly Father's plan for us, and the knowledge that we have that we will all be together again some day. I'll see you on the other side.

    K.C. Bell

    ReplyDelete