A new favorite quote.

"Because someone we love is in heaven, a piece of heaven dwells in our home."

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update day 7

Tyler pretty much has been doing the same things as yesterday. He is trying to talk a little bit more and trying to build up his strength a little bit more too. He was able to say my nieces name "Adalie." That is definitely a big thing for him to say that. He was giving out lots of hugs today....apparently. He would still mimick anybody that asked him to do something. He chuckled at my mom and my Aunt Janice today. He looked at my Mom with that look like he absolutely adored her . My Mom just loved it.

There is one story I forgot to mention the other day and that is when he laughed for the first time. Tyler's kind of girlfriend Tehra was trying to get Tyler to give her a kiss but he wouldn't do it and so Larry (his friend) came over and jokingly asked Tyler if he wanted him to give him a kiss, and was just kind of egging him on, and Tyler smiled and just started laughing. It was his normal laugh. When I heard about that, I could not believe it. Larry's sweet wife started crying because it was such a happy thing to see and witness. Even just listening to that story made me want to cry.

They didn't do dialisis on Tyler today because his kidneys were looking better. They would rather his kidneys get better on their own rather than having to do dialisis, which is great. It's great that his kidneys were better today and doing what they should, but they have been kind of up and down each day, so we will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

I don't have a whole lot of updates for you today. I was not able to go visit Tyler today because I happened to get sick. Not only that but Audrey has been really sick too. I am telling you though, it was really really hard for me not being there for Tyler today. We have been there everyday and most of the time a couple of times a day to visit him since he has been in the hospital. So, it was difficult for me, but I didn't want to get him sick. Hopefully I will be better by tomorrow. I am just praying that I will. What timing huh?! I was only sick once this winter and it wasn't even that bad. So why is it that I have to get sick right now? Couldn't it have happened a couple of weeks ago? Well, now that I think about it, it is probably due to stress and not getting enough rest and not getting a healthy diet. In fact, I found out from one of his nurses that I have a pinched nerve and they just said that I need to really relax and rest. The pain I was getting was by my heart and I would get this shooting pain in my left arm at the same time. This happened like 8 times yesterday. My parents made me get it checked out. :) So, I asked one of Tyler's nurses if she could check my blood pressure to make sure everything was okay and it was. From the way I described it they said that it is a pinched nerve due to stress. I didn't even think I was really that stressed out, but apparently I am.

Anyways, enough talk about me. I am doing good, Tyler is doing great. I will update you if I forget something.

No comments:

Post a Comment